Decentralized computing has changed the way that companies do business today. The cloud has revolutionized accessibility and simplicity of both data storage and software services for today’s most forward thinking organizations.
There’s not an industry in existence that can’t benefit from the cloud, with legal services being no exception. With the potential to facilitate eDiscovery and provide secure data solutions, the cloud is something that no law firm can afford to ignore in 2018.
Simplifying Discovery with Electronic Data
The process of discovery has long been an expensive and time consuming aspect of the legal process. With the use of cloud storage technologies, the discovery process becomes simpler, faster, and less costly.
Digitally stored data can be sent anywhere in the world in a matter of seconds or minutes. With cloud technologies, stored documents can be accessed at any time by authorized persons. A law firm operating in New York could provide stored documents to a satellite office in London without any need to ship physical copies. eDiscovery completely changes the discovery process for the better, and it is cloud technology that allows it to happen.
- eDiscovery and the cloud provides global access to digital documentation.
- Clerical work is reduced by minimizing hard copy file management.
- The cost of providing and receiving documents during the discovery process is reduced.
eDiscovery doesn’t completely eliminate the need for hard copies in the discovery process. However, it greatly reduces the cost and workload in any case where electronic documents are permissible.
There Are More Benefits Outside of eDiscovery
Law firms can enjoy a number of benefits by transitioning to a cloud networking solution.
- General data storage becomes more convenient and more affordable with a reduced need for on-site storage solutions. This reduces cost and improves efficiency and convenience.
- Cloud solutions can offer enhanced security, including end to end encryption for file transfer, and encrypted storage. This allows for legal firms to meet regulatory requirements when storing or transmitting client data and sensitive legal information.
- Cloud computing solutions can offer decentralized software for productivity and collaboration. This can reduce software costs and will also ensure regular software updates that protect against data loss and unauthorized access.
- The cloud offers inherent redundancy with data securely stored across multiple data centers. This makes costly data recovery a thing of the past, and allows for swift disaster recovery.
- Cloud solutions can easily be scaled up or down as a firm grows and changes.
By evaluating the benefits of the cloud, law firms can become more agile and better prepared for business both domestically and internationally. Cost reduction can increase profitability and more efficient legal services can be offered. Law firms can take the first step by consulting with a leading IT management and consulting company today.